Zuchinni and Egg Breakfast Cups
2 Jersey Fresh zucchini, peeled into strips
2 cups Jersey Fresh baby spinach
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
8 Jersey Fresh eggs
1/2 c. heavy cream
Ground black pepper
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1 pinch red pepper flakes
1 c. cheddar cheese, shredded
10m prep time / 25m cook time
2. Place zucchini strips in colander with salt. Let sweat for 10 minutes then pat dry.
3. While zucchini sweats, heat medium skillet over medium high heat. Add spray. Add mushrooms and spinach and cook until wilted and reduced. Remove to paper towel lined plate.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, oregano and red pepper flakes.
5. Grease muffin tin with cooking spray. Line the inside and bottom of the muffin tin with zucchini strips to form a "crust."
6. Divide mushroom and spinach mixture evenly among tins.
7. Top each with cheese, salt and pepper.
8. Pour egg mixture over cheese.
9. Bake for 15 minutes or until eggs are set.