Zoodles with Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
2 Jersey Fresh red peppers
1/4 cup plus 2 TB extra virgin olive oil, divided
2 ounces of soft goat cheese
2 tsp salt, divided
1/2 cup Jersey Fresh onion, diced
2 cloves Jersey Fresh garlic, minced
Serve with (optional): Jersey Fresh parsley, freshly ground black pepper, extra goat cheese
30m prep time / 50m cook time
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Lay peppers on their sides, stems pointing sideways. Brush 1 TB of olive oil over peppers.
3. Put baking sheet in oven and allow peppers to roast for 20 minutes.
4. Turn peppers, then place back in the oven for another 20 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
6. Seed and peel the peppers: Slice the peppers vertically from top to bottom and lay the pepper open so it becomes one long strip. Pull the stem from the top of the pepper. Remove all seeds. Flip the pepper over to reveal the skin side. Strip off the charred skin.
To make the sauce:
1. Add the roasted peppers to the blender with the goat cheese, 1 tsp salt and 1 TB of olive oil.
2. Blend until smooth.
3. Set aside.
To make the zoodles:
1. You can use a spiralizer, mandolin slicer, a julienne peeler or even a regular peeler to make the zucchini into "noodles."
2. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add 1/4 cup of olive oil, onion and garlic and saute for 2 minutes. Add 1 tsp of salt and zoodles and cook until they begin to soften.
3. Add the sauce and cook until sauce is heated.
4. Optional: top with chopped parsley, black pepper and/or goat cheese.
5. Serve immediately.