Summer Eggplant Salad
4 Jersey Fresh plum tomatoes, diced
1/4 cup red onion, minced
2 TB Jersey Fresh basil, minced
2 TB Jersey Fresh parsley, minced
4 cups Jersey Fresh baby arugula
8 TB fresh goat cheese
2 TB extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for eggplant & arugula
4 tsp Balsamic vinegar, divided
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
25m prep time / 12m cook time
Tomato topping: Gently mix tomatoes, onion, basil, parsley, 2 TB extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl. Set aside.
To assemble the salad:
1. On eight salad plates, place 1/2 cup of baby arugula. Season with a drizzle of olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
2. On top of arugula, place a slice of eggplant.
3. On top of each eggplant slice, place one Tbsp. of goat cheese.
4. Spoon 1/4 cup of tomato salad onto the goat cheese.
5. Lightly drizzle 1/2 tsp. of balsamic vinegar onto each finished plate.
6. Serve and enjoy!