Strawberry Pie Egg Rolls
1 cup mashed Jersey Fresh strawberries
3/4 cup water (or more if needed)
3/4 cup sugar
3 TB cornstarch
1 TB lemon juice
1/4 tsp salt
4 cups sliced strawberries
For the Egg Rolls:
10 egg roll wrappers
1/2 tsp butter, melted
1 TB sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
whipped cream, optional
20m prep time / 20m cook time
1. Combine mashed Jersey Fresh strawberries and water in saucepan.
2. Bring to a boil and simmer for 3 minutes.
3. Strain juice from cooked strawberries and add enough water to make 1 cup of juice. Discard pulp.
4. Combine sugar, cornstarch, lemon and salt in saucepan.
5. Stir in juice.
6. Bring to a boil stirring constantly until clear and thick. 3-5 minutes.
7. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
8. Stir sliced strawberries into sauce.
To Assemble Egg Rolls:
1. Taeke one egg roll wrapper, lay it out on a clean, dry surface and brush water around each edge. Spoon about 1.5 to 2 TB of filling into the upper half of the wrapper leaving a border. Fold on the sides and roll up the egg roll tightly.
2. Place the egg roll on the baking sheet, seam side down. Repeat until filling is gone.
3. Bake for 12-15 minutes. While egg rolls are baking combine 1 TB sugar with 1/4 tsp cinnamon.
4. Brush each egg roll with melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture.
5. Bake for 5-10 more minutes until lightly browned. Remove from the oven and cool for 5-10 minutes before serving (with whipped cream if desired).