Spring Spinach and Asparagus Soup
1 tbsp olive oil
3/4 pound Jersey Fresh asparagus, chopped (woody ends removed)
3 Jersey Fresh shallots, finely sliced
2 cloves Jersey Fresh garlic, finely chopped
2 large handfuls Jersey Fresh baby spinach (about 2 cups)
2-2.5 cups vegetable broth or chicken stock
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
Scallions, sliced (optional)
5m prep time / 20m cook time
2. Add the asparagus, shallots and garlic and cook for about 5-10 minutes until they begin to soften, being careful not to burn.
3. Add the spinach and stir to combine.
4. Add the broth/stock and bring to a boil. Either transfer to a blender to puree or use an immersion blender directly in the pan.
5. Season with salt and pepper and add a little water if you need to thin the soup.
6. Sprinkle with scallions and salt and pepper, to taste.