Simple Stuffed Cabbage Casserole
2 TB olive oil
1/2 Jersey Fresh onion, chopped
2 cloves Jersey Fresh garlic, chopped
1 lb ground turkey (or beef or chicken)
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 dried thyme
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 Jersey Fresh tomatoes, chopped
1/2 small head Jersey Fresh green cabbage, chopped
1 1/2 cups water
1 cup 10 minute cook rice
1 cup cheddar jack cheese, shredded
Jersey Fresh parsley (for garnish)
10m prep time / 20m cook time
2. Add turkey and cook until brown.
3. Add onion powder, thyme, salt and pepper. Stir.
4. Stir in tomatoes, water and rice. Bring to a boil.
5. Mix in the cabbage, reduce heat to medium low and cover. Cook 10 minutes or until rice is tender.
6. Top with cheese and cover for 1-2 minutes or until cheese melts.
7. To serve, sprinkle with parsley and salt and pepper, to taste.