Roasted Garlic Cauliflower Soup
1 head Jersey Fresh garlic
2 TB olive oil, divided
1 small Jersey Fresh onion, chopped
1 lb Jersey Fresh potatoes, peeled & chopped
4 cups small Jersey Fresh cauliflower florets, chopped
1 qt (4 cups) chicken broth
1 cup milk
1/4 cup Pecorino Romano
1/4 tsp black pepper
Jersey Fresh chives, chopped (for garnish)
25m prep time / 95m cook time
2. Cut 1/2 inch thick slice off the top of the garlic head exposing all cloves. Place cut side up on a sheet of foil and drizzle it with 1 TB olive oil. Wrap up in the foil and bake for 40 minutes. Garlic should be very soft. Let cool.
3. Meanwhile, add 1 TB oil to a bot. Add onions and cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently.
4. Squeeze the pulp from each garlic clove and add to the onions. Add potatoes, cauliflower, chicken stock, milk, cheese and black pepper. Mix well.
5. Bring to a boil and then simmer on medium-low for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
6. Blend soup with an immersion blender or in small batches in a normal blender until smooth.
7. To serve, sprinkle with chives and season with salt and pepper, to taste.