Roasted Carrot, Butternut Squash & Sweet Potato Soup
1 lb Jersey Fresh carrots, peeled and cut into rounds
1 Jersey Fresh butternut squash (about 2 lbs), peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
1 lb Jersey Fresh sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into pieces
1 large Jersey Fresh onion, peeled and cut into wedges
2 TB olive oil
8 cups water
2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
Jersey Fresh chives, diced (for garnish and optional)
1/4 cup roasted, salted pepitas (for garnish and optional)
25m prep time / 45m cook time
2. Roast for 25 minutes, flip and cook another 15 minutes.
3. In a large saucepan, combine the roasted vegetables with water. Bring to a boil over high heat then lower the heat and cover. Simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Let cool slightly. Then using an immersion blender, blend until smooth. (If you do not have an immersion blender, use a regular blender and work in batches to puree soup then return to pot).
5. Add salt and pepper and stir to combine.
6. Ladle the soup into bowls and top with chives and pepitas.