Roasted Asparagus Pasta
1 lb Jersey Fresh asparagus
1 lb pasta of your choice (we used rotini)
1/2 cup of your favorite lemon or italian vinaigrette, divided (we used Blazing Star Foods’ Jackson’s Way which sources Jersey Fresh herbs when in season)
1/2 cup Parmesan
Salt & Pepper
10m prep time / 10m cook time
2. While you bring water to boil, cut the asparagus into 1 inch pieces (and cut again in half lengthwise if stalks are thick).
3. In a large bowl, mix asparagus, 1/4 cup of dressing, garlic powder, salt & pepper then spread on a baking sheet. Start cooking pasta at the same time you put the asparagus in the oven. Roast 10 minutes or until done to tenderness of choice (stir halfway through)
4. Save 1/4 cup of pasta water before draining pasta.
5. In serving bowl, mix pasta, asparagus, 1/4 cup dressing, 1/4 cup pasta water, 1/2 cup parmesan.
6. Sprinkle with more parmesan on top if you prefer and serve.