Healthy Blueberry & Sweet Potato Oatmeal Bars
1/2 cup Jersey Fresh sweet potato, mashed
1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
3/4 cup skim milk
2 TB vegetable oil
2/3 cup whole wheat flour
2 TB all-purpose flour, unbleached
2 tsp cinnamon, ground
1/3 cub brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup oats, rolled, quick cooking type
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 cup Jersey Fresh blueberries
15m prep time / 30m cook time
2. Pierce potato with fork. Microwave for 5-8 minutes or until soft.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine sweet potato, lemon juice, milk and oil.
4. In a separate bowl, mix flours, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and oats.
5. Slowly combine dry ingredients into wet ingredients until thoroughly mixed. Fold in blueberries until well incorporated.
6. Lighly spray an 8x8 baking sheet with cooking spray and pour batter into tray.
7. Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cut into bars and serve warm.