Healthy, Baked Broccoli Bites
2 cups uncooked Jersey Fresh broccoli florets
1 large egg
¼ c Jersey Fresh yellow onion, diced
1/3 c cheddar cheese
1/3 c panko breadcrumbs
1/3 c Italian breadcrumbs
2 TB Jersey Fresh parsley (or cilantro, rosemary)
1 TB salt
1 TB pepper
Ketchup, sriracha, ranch dressing or your favorite dipping sauce
20m prep time / 25m cook time
2. Blanch the broccoli in boiling water for 1 minute then remove and shock with cold tap water to stop the cooking process. Drain well.
3. Chop broccoli finely and mix thoroughly with the egg, onions, cheddar, breadcrumbs and seasoning.
4. Scoop about 1 tablespoon of mix into your hands and gently press between hands into a firm small ball (or form into a tater tot shape, if preferred).
5. Place on your prepared baking sheet.
6. Bake until golden brown and crispy, 18-24 minutes, turning half way.
7. Remove from the oven and enjoy hot with your favorite dipping sauce.