1 1/2 cups tomato juice
1 medium Jersey Fresh cucumber, peeled & seeded
1 medium Jersey Fresh onion
1 small Jersey Fresh green pepper
1 Jersey Fresh jalapeno, optional
1 small Jersey Fresh clove of garlic, peeled
2 TB vinegar (we used Red Wine Vinegar)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 cup olive oil
hot pepper sauce, to taste (we used Hanks)
Jersey Fresh chives, for garnish
25m prep time / 0m cook time
2. Dice the other half of the ingredients and combine in a large bowl.
3. In the food processor, add the tomato chunks and tomato juice. Puree until smooth.
4. Add the remaining chunks of cucumber, onion, peppers and garlic. Puree until smooth.
5. In a large bowl, combine the pureed vegetable mixture with diced vegetables.
6. Add the vinegar, salt, pepper, olive oil and hot pepper sauce. Mix well.
7. Chill well.
8. Serve with chives.
NOTE: all ingredients can be pulverized in the food processor, if you prefer a smooth consistency and/or do not want to dice the ingredients.