4 Jersey Fresh Eggplant slices, cut ½ inch thick
4 Jersey Fresh tomato slices, cut ½ inch thick
4 Jersey Fresh green pepper halves
3 TB salted butter
1-2 oz Sherry wine
2 tsp Jersey Fresh roasted garlic (or Jersey Fresh garlic, chopped), or more to taste
salt & pepper, to taste
4 oz heavy cream
1 TB Jersey Fresh basil, chopped
2 tsp Jersey Fresh parsley, chopped
2 Jersey Fresh basil leaves or Jersey Fresh micro greens such as pea shoots, for garnish (optional)
10m prep time / 10m cook time
2. Placing the eggplant on the highest heat of the grill, peppers on medium heat and tomatoes on the lowest heat, grill the vegetables on both sides for about 2-3 minutes on each side or until they have grill marks and are about half way cooked.
3. Layer ingredients: eggplant, tomato, pepper, eggplant, tomato, pepper. Repeat the process for second stack.
4. Bake in oven for 5 minutes.
5. While napoleons are baking, make the pesto cream sauce by taking a medium saucepan and melting the butter. Add the sherry and reduce by half.
6. Add the garlic plus salt & pepper to taste. Cook until browned.
7. Pour in heavy cream and bring to a boil.
8. Add basil and parsley and reduce by half.
9. To plate, divide half the sauce equally between the bottoms of 2 plates and place a napoleon stack on top. (Or you can spread 2 TB of the sauce on the bottom of the 2 plates then top with napoleon stack and drizzle remainder of sauce over the top of each napoleon.)
10. Garnish with fresh basil or micro greens, if desired.