Corny Corn Muffins with Honey Mascarpone
1 cup flour
1 cup cornmeal
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp Kosher salt
1 TB baking powder
2 large, Jersey Fresh eggs
1 cup buttermilk, at room temp
1 stick unsalted butter, melted
1 cup Jersey Fresh corn kernels (about 2 ears)
1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
2 TB Jersey Fresh honey
Pinch of salt
20m prep time / 18m cook time
2. In a medium bowl, whisk flour, cornmeal, sugar, Kosher salt and baking powder.
3. In a larger bowl, beat the eggs, buttermilk and butter. Whisk in the dry ingredients. Fold in the corn kernels.
4. Using an ice cream scoop, spoon the batter into the muffin tins. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
5. While the muffins bake: In a small bowl, combine the mascarpone with the honey and pinch of salt.
6. After removing muffins from the oven, let them cool in the pan for 10 minutes then turn onto a wire rack to cool completely.
7. Place a dollop of the honey mascarpone on top of each muffin just before serving.