Corn Chowder with Crispy Bacon
4 ears of Jersey Fresh Corn, cut off the cob
8 oz bacon, diced
2 TB butter
¼ cup all-purpose flour
1 cup Jersey Fresh Onion, small diced
1 cup Jersey Fresh red bliss potatoes, quartered
½ cup Jersey Fresh Celery, diced
3 cups Vegetable stock
3 Jersey Fresh scallions, cut thinly
2 cups heavy cream
1/8 tsp turmeric
Pinch cayenne pepper
Kosher salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
2. Leave the remaining fat but remove ½ the crispy bacon for garnish later.
3. Add in the butter.
4. Add the onions and sauté until soft for 2 minutes.
5. Turn the heat down to low and add in the flour to create a roux and cook until the flour looks like wet sand about 3 minutes.
6. Add all the remaining ingredients making sure to season it now with Kosher salt.
7. Simmer for 25-30 minutes until the potatoes are soft and the chowder has thickened.
8. Serve in a deep bowl and garnish with crispy bacon & scallions.