Chicken Kabobs with Ginger and Jersey Fresh Peppadew Goldews
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
A 1 to 2 inch piece fresh root ginger, peeled
3 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
1 tsp honey
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp Chinese Five Spice seasoning
Salt and Pepper to taste
110m prep time / 8m cook time
2. Drain Peppadew® Goldews, reserving 1/2 cup of the liquid from the jar.
3. Place the chicken breasts between sheets of wax paper and beat with a mallet or rolling pin until about half their thickness. Cut lengthways into ½ inch wide strips.
4. Grate the ginger into a large shallow dish which is long enough to accommodate the skewers. Add the brine.
5. Chop 2 Peppadew® Goldews finely and stir them in, with the soy sauce, vinegar, honey, olive oil and spice. Mix the marinade well.
6. Cut the remaining Peppadew® Goldews in half.
7. Drain the skewers. Thread a piece of Peppadew® Goldew on a skewer, then pierce the end of a strip of chicken. Weave it on the skewer, adding a piece of Peppadew® Goldew between alternate loops. Thread two more strips of chicken with Peppadew® Goldews onto the skewer.
8. Fill the remaining skewers in the same way, but do not pack the chicken too tightly.
9. Lower the skewers into the marinade and leave for 1 hour.
10. Grill for 6 to 8 minutes until cooked through, basting with the remaining marinade.