Cheesy Spaghetti Squash Casserole with Spinach
1 medium Jersey Fresh spaghetti squash
2 TB minced Jersey Fresh garlic (about 4 cloves)
6 oz Jersey Fresh spinach, chopped
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 TB cream cheese
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, plus extra for topping
1/2 tsp salt, plus more for sprinkling squash
1/4 tsp pepper, plus more for sprinkling squash
1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
10m prep time / 60m cook time
2. Slice squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds.
3. Rub the cut sides with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place on the baking sheet cut side down. Roast for 40 minutes or until easily pierced with a fork.
4. Once squash is done roasting, allow to cool until easily handled. Use a fork to separate the strands of the squash.
5. While the squash cools, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, drizzle some olive oil. Add garlic and saute until lightly browned.
6. Add the spinach and stir until wilted.
7. Add cream, cream cheese and parmesan and stir until combined. Add salt and pepper and stir.
8. Mix squash strands into spinach and cheese mixture until evenly coated.
9. Pour squash, spinach and cheese mixture into a baking dish. Top with mozzarella and parmesan, to taste.
10. Bake 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly.