8 oz Jersey Fresh carrots, finely chopped or put through a food processor
2.5 cups water
2.5 cups chicken broth
3 TB butter
1 medium Jersey Fresh onion, chopped
2 cups uncooked orzo pasta
2 Jersey Fresh garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
3 TB Jersey Fresh chives, chopped (plus extra for garnish)
1 tsp Jersey Fresh thyme, chopped
10m prep time / 30m cook time
2. Meanwhile, melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add carrots and onions and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until tender.
3. Add orzo and garlic and cook 1 minute.
4. Slowly ladle hot water and broth mixture into saucepan, stirring to combine..
5. Mix in salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often for 15 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed.
6. Stir in parmesan, chives and thyme until blended.
7. To serve, garnish with chives.