Brussels Sprouts Flatbread
2 slices bacon, diced
8 oz Jersey Fresh Brussels Sprouts, thinly sliced, divided
1 small Jersey Fresh red onion, thinly sliced
2 cloves Jersey Fresh garlic, thinly sliced
2 pieces of flatbread or naan
1 TB olive oil
1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded, divided
2 oz goat cheese, crumbled
5m prep time / 25m cook time
2. In a large saute pan, over medium-high heat, cook the bacon until crispy. Transfer bacon to a paper towel lined plate. Set aside.
3. Keep about 1 TB of the bacon grease in the pan and add 7 ounces of the Brussels Sprouts (reserve the remaining 1 oz), red onion and garlic. Saute for 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently, until the mixture is softened. Remove from heat and set aside.
4. Place the flatbread on a large baking sheet and brush the tops of each with olive oil. Sprinkle each with 1/3 cup of Mozzarella cheese, leaving a border around the edges. Divide the Brussels Sprouts mixture, bacon and goat cheese evenly between the 2 pieces. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella.
5. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and crusts are golden.
6. Remove from the oven. Drizzle with the balsamic glaze and remaining raw Brussels Sprouts.