Blueberry Pizza Pie with Lemons
2 lemons, thinly sliced
8 oz mascarpone cheese
2 tbsp Jersey Fresh thyme
extra virgin olive oil
2 rounds of pizza dough (homemade or store bought)
50m prep time / 10m cook time
2. Stretch out your dough on a pizza peel dusted with flour. If you don't have a pizza peel, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and oil the paper with olive oil. Stretch your dough on top of the oiled parchment paper on the baking sheet.
3. Apply a thin layer of mascarpone cheese to the stretched out dough.
4. Add the lemon slices on top of the cheese, followed by the blueberries.
5. Press the blueberries gently into the dough so they don't slide around.
6. Sprinkle on some fresh thyme and a pinch of salt.
7. Drizzle about a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil on top.
8. Slide your pizza into the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes until the crust is golden brown. The blueberries will burst and turn....hey, wait a minute...PURPLE! They will be delicious, so don't worry about it.