Blueberry Muffins with Sweet Crumble Top
2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp kosher salt
2 cups Jersey Fresh blueberries
1/2 cup melted butter
1 cup sour cream
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp lemon zest
1/2 cup cornmeal
1/4 cup sugar
2 tbsp butter
25m prep time / 25m cook time
2. Coat a 12-cup muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. Lightly dust cups with flour, shaking out the excess.
3. For the batter, in a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and blueberries. Gently toss to combine.
4. In a small bowl, whisk melted margarine, sour cream, egg, vanilla and lemon zest. Gently stir into flour mixture just until blended. Do not overmix – the batter is supposed to look lumpy.
5. Spoon batter into prepared tin, dividing evenly among muffin cups.
6. For the crumble topping, in a small bowl, use a fork to mix flour, sugar and margarine until it resembles coarse crumbs.
7. Sprinkle topping over muffin cups.
8. Bake 23-25 minutes, until muffins spring back when gently pressed.
9. Cool 10 minutes in the muffin tin before removing to cool on a wire rack.