Asparagus Tomato Quiche
4 large Jersey Fresh eggs, beaten
3 TBS flour
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp salt
½ tsp dry mustard
1½ cups of half-and-half
2 cups grated Swiss cheese
1 large tomato, cut into ¼-inch slices
10 Jersey Fresh asparagus spears, washed and trimmed
20m prep time / 60m cook time
2. Line pie crust with parchment paper, add dry beans or pie weights. Bake for 20 minutes then prick with a fork.
3. In a medium-sized bowl, beat eggs with flour, paprika, salt and mustard. Add half-and-half slowly, beating well. Stir in cheese.
4. Saving 6 asparagus spears for the top, chop the rest into 1-inch lengths and lay on bottom of pie shell.
5. Pour in liquid.
6. Bake 20 minutes. Remove from oven and quickly arrange tomato and asparagus on top of the quiche in a wagon wheel pattern.
7. Bake another 20 to 30 minutes until firm when a toothpick inserted comes out clean.