Asparagus Crab Au Gratin
6 ounces Jersey Fresh crab meat, drained and flaked
1/2 cup grated cheddar or havarti cheese
4 TB butter, divided
2 TB all purpose flour
1 cup light cream
1/2 tsp ground mustard
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 cup bread crumbs
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
15m prep time / 30m cook time
2. Top with crab and sprinkle with cheese. Set aside.
3. In a saucepan, melt 2 TB of the butter, sift in flour, stir until smooth. Whisk in light cream, mustard, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes or until thickened.
4. Pour this over the asparagus and crab with cheese in the baking dish.
5. Melt the remaining butter, mix with bread crumbs and sprinkle over the top of the casserole.
6. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until heated through.
7. Squeeze lemon juice over to finish.