Asparagus Chop Salad
1/4 cup olive oil
1/8 apple cider vinegar
1/2 lemon, juiced
1/4 tsp dried thyme
salt & pepper, to taste
1 bunch Jersey Fresh asparagus, woody ends removed
15 oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1 Jersey Frech carrot, peeled and chopped
1 Jersey Fresh cucumber, peeled and chopped
6-8 Jersey Fresh radishes, cut into chunks
1/2 cup Jersey Fresh red onion, diced
1/2 cup Jersey Fresh cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup Jersey Fresh bell peppers, chopped
1/4 cup roasted red peppers, chopped
1/2 cup Kalamata olives, halved
1/2 cup Jersey Fresh feta cheese, crumbled (we used Fulper Family Farmstead)
1/8 fresh Jersey Fresh thyme
Salt & pepper, to taste
20m prep time / 5m cook time
2. Bring a pan of water to a boil, add asparagus and cook for 1 minute (1.5 minutes if asparagus stalks are very thick). Immediately drop into ice water bowl. Once cold, dry on paper towels.
3. While asparagus dries, make dressing. In a small bowl, add oil, vinegar, lemon, thyme, salt and pepper. Whisk until combined.
4. Slice asparagus into 1/2 inch pieces, on a diagonal. Add to bowl.
5. Add carrots, cucumber, radishes, onion, tomatoes, bell peppers, roasted peppers and olives. Mix gently.
6. Toss with dressing. Let salad chill in the refrigerator about an hour.
7. Transfer to serving bowl and top with feta, fresh thyme and salt and pepper to taste.
Adapted from https://theviewfromgreatisland.com.