Apple Pie Bars
1 cup butter, softened (I have used melted butter in a pinch)
1 ½ cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups flour
1 ½ tsp baking powder
1 quart of Jersey Fresh Apple Pie Filling (see www.findjerseyfresh.com/recipes/canned-apple-pie-filling/)
½ cup powder sugar
1 ½ TB milk (or water) + more if needed to get to the consistency you like
10m prep time / 30m cook time
2. In the mixer or in a large mixing bowl with a hand mixer, cream the butter, sugar, and vanilla together. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing them in one at a time.
3. Sift the flour and baking powder. Add in a little at a time until the flour is completely incorporated.
4. Pour ⅔ of the batter into the bottom of the prepared 9×13 baking dish, spreading evenly in the pan.
5. Pour the apple pie filling over the batter. Dot the top of the apples with the remaining batter.
6. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the top and the edges are golden and the cake is cooked thru.
If making the glaze:
7. While the cake is baking, mix together the powder sugar and milk (or water).
8. Before serving, drizzle with powder sugar glaze.
NOTE: Good served warm with a little vanilla ice cream. Store at room temperature, in an air tight container, for up to 3 days.